AS most of you know. I race and support lots of cars that run lots of groups. We have ran NASA, because of the Teen Mazda Challenge, and that they had the best SM rule set. More parity. SCCA has finally matched the NASA rules set. way slow, IMHO..

WE run Chumpcar because I need the business and it is fun, hassle free racing. About half of my Chumpcar drivers have a SCCA license. Chumpcar is huge and growing. It will surpass SCCA in racer numbers this year. 691 drivers @ Daytona this 5/27. All like the 14hr race in one day. tow in, race, tow home. We dont need a 4 day weekend to race 2hrs.
Many have let their SCCA stuff lapse due to the medical.,
I have. Maybe that could be looked at. Maybe the insurance/medical relationship can be looked at.

I use the SCCA PDX to test the Chumpcars. I get hassled by the tech guys and bitched at by the "old Guard"( stewards and racers). I really dont giveasheet, as I just want them to do their job. If I wanted an opinion, I would ask. Just tech the frakin car thanks. Is it safe? yes or no?.

SCCA has treated our family and most of my customers as tho they dont care about return business.
We run SCCA as a last resort to track time. I really hope that SCCA can turn itself to a better customer driven business.
It is dying as a club.

Racingwise;

Maybe it is time to get rid of the National/ regional split. Times change, SCCA should be able to change in less than 10yrs, to a required market change. The market has changed in major areas. We need a rapid business plan change to match the market and remain competitive.

This week I will make the connections @ CFR SCCA for crap can class or put them in ITO. I have a few guys that would try SCCA if they can run their cars, and we treat them as they have been treated by Chumpcar.

The main guy that owns Chumpcar, will go from team to team, and actually talk to each team and most of the racers , each race. He will give words of appreciation and field a few questions. Most SCCA races show about 10 stewards of the meet, or whatever . How many chiefs do we need? WTF do they actually do? How come I am not asked, "Are you having a good time? " "How can we improve your experience with SCCA? ."
IMHO make it better, more will stay.
MM