Steve

I'd reconsider, I found this one the production car forum.
Another reason to move away from open face helmets is that they are not permitted in New Jersey (NJMP) ... OK, cue the NJ jokes. Race track operations in New Jersey are governed by state law which in almost all instances parallel our GCR. However, the section on helmets states:
Chapter 62 3.6 All drivers shall wear a properly secured, full face helmet, with face shield, which meets or exceeds Snell Memorial Foundation Testing Standards M or SA, incorporated by reference herein, as may be amended and supplemented, which has not reached the expiration date established by the Snell Memorial Foundation at the time of the event. The standards are available from the Snell Memorial Foundation, 3628 Madison Avenue, Suite 11, North Highlands, CA 95660. A Nomex, or similar fire-resistant head sock is recommended to be worn in conjunction with the use of the full face helmet with shield. The use of open face helmets and goggles shall be prohibited.
I added the highlighting for emphasis. This wording has been incorporated in our supps with the stipulation that M helmets are not permitted. We have had no problems since this regulation came into effect last year. In fact, it would probably be a reasonable addition to the GCR.

Terry