Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've got the outlaws coming in today for Easter so work is limited. However, this morning I managed to complete the tune for the engine, upload it to my programmer, then use the programmer to download it to the ECU.

This was something of an accomplishment as I've not communicated with the ECU since lengthening the OBDII cable, relocating the port, and tapping some lines off the engine harness.

The download was successful so I think all is still good with the harness and ECU. Both engines will start with the same ECU program for a base file. Then we'll use the handheld tuner to make minor changes such as adding or dropping a bit of timing and fuel, or the PC based software if we need larger wholesale changes in the file for something that we're way off on. Hopefully the ECU will take care of itself mostly as the adaptive learning mode is still on, while all the silly nannies are off - nannies that want to pull timing for this and that, enrichen to save the motor, pull spark due to high oil temps, and so on. I'm optimistic that we'll be able to get it done with the stock ECU but if we can't we'll go to Megasquirt or similar.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.