Thread: New IT class revealed at National Convention

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    REALLY? You think these guys are more dangerous because they run a different series and "will ruin your weekend" You really need to see an event , with the considerable difference in cars (They run from slowish ITC like cars right on thru to V-8 Camaro/Mustang/Crown vic cop cars to a huge numer of Barbie Malibu Wagens)And there is less contact in a season than the avg club weekend of spec miata or spec club racer.And no matter what type race course or teams show up , YES any single bonehead move can screw someone over.
    No, some people think that. However it is true there are some bone head moves at these races, the RA round was stopped like 4 or 5 times I think. Do you trust a driver that went to one night of a classroom session for an hour to be racing wheel to wheel with you or someone that at least went to a legit school? Don't get me wrong, it works, because you could spot the new drivers racing and they do well at avoiding other cars, but stuff happens and I just think some people would agree it's far more likely to happen with someone extremely new than someone who had more training experience. The Road Atlanta race didn't have any major wrecks from what I can remember, the biggest issues being broken cars, a couple fires, and slicking down the track.

I've been to event and plan on racing some of them with the new car, I'm just being realistic.
    Last edited by Simon T.; 03-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.