SCCA vs Chumpcar issues:
SCCA has 3 or 4 20-40min sessions, spread out over two days. Lots of down time.
Chumpcar has a single 7 to24 hr race and than nothing. , No down time. Lots of track time.

SCCA requires 2 schools for a novice permit. , cost is $1k min.
Chumpcar requires a single class room session and puts you on track. Somehow this works way better than it should.. The facts are that the very slow/new drivers get easily passed by the more experienced drivers and most have a steep learning curve.
The 4 drivers required also help each other out, like a team of personal coaches, IMHO.
My cars have done about 100hrs ontrack with Chump and have had no car to car contact. The endurance mind set , along with the speed differential keep this a low contact race.

My teams have a lot of ex SCCA guys that have crossed over TO Chumpcar, not the other way. The Chumpcar thing is viewed as a step up and away from the SCCA hassle and too many classes.
Too many classes, 2,3,4 or 5 cars per class=Bad

I would love to help SCCA make this work.
Required would be Novice permits issued for ex SCCA,and multi race Chumps.
Open/ one or two class 6 hr endurance races, preferably @ Night . ( 6 hr , 2 hr limit, 3 drivers per car, no fuel rigs!!))

Pack the track time into one day.
I would love to see a SCCA,regional weekend with split groups for sat and Sun. No reason that we should have to be there for 2 days for 4 short sessions.

Typical Chump transport may be 8-12 hrs driving. They wont want to drive that far for 2 hrs track time. Most wont go far for a single 7 hr race.
3/4 of my drivers fly in@ 1000 miles or more.

We need to appeal to these well funded racers , by increasing track time, making access easy, decreasing down time.

The best idea would be to add it to a World Challenge week end as a filler, fri eve or some other slow time. Keep the 1000$ entry fee and let em run. I could sell that.
MM