Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ITR Growth

I hate to wake a thread that has been sleeping peacefully for five months but I have some current insights.

As stated above, ITR appears live and well in NEDiv. For last weekend's TreadZone Pro IT at the Glen, we had twelve ITR entries from BMW, Porsche, Mazda and Honda (three did not race due to test crash / family problem / heat avoidance). There were two or three others including a Toyota entered in the July Sprints but not the Pro IT.

Terry

I swear the ITR Boxster is coming to the SE. I start work on it again in a week or so.
    Blake Meredith

If T3 goes away next year, I imagine several of the S2000 running there will go to ITR one way or another like if the current owners sell because they want to only run Nationals. I think they make up about half of the T3 car count. I know I'm considering it but not a whole lot of ITR activity out here yet.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

I got the suspension on the Boxster last week. Staying late every Wednesday to get it done for the ARRC.
    Blake Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by bamfp View Post
    I got the suspension on the Boxster last week. Staying late every Wednesday to get it done for the ARRC.
    Congrats! That is an awesome car!

Stephen

We will see. It is not going to be a 100% ITR car. We are building it as a Spec Boxster suspension wise, minus the none legal IT stuff. No LSD or build engine. I was impressed with how the car handles with blown shocks and a suspension brace left out, don't ask the mechanic no longer works there. I was doing 100mph down the esses at Road Atlanta on street tires.
    Blake Meredith

Blake - we're very interested in your Boxster build. I have a 1998 Boxster that I was going to build for ITR but after testing it I opted for the 968 and bigger motor/greater power. Still driving that Boxster as a street car but...always nice to have another car ready to build.

I've had three Boxsters and bought one of the very first built back in '97. They are fantastic handlers with tremendous Porsche brakes. The one challenge was motor development and I couldn't find anybody with proven gains on the Boxster engine, short of a $20K pro build. If you're doing the Spec Boxster setup, the motor isn't any issue. The Bilstein setup is pretty good for SB. I think with the price of 97-99 Boxsters now well under $10K we'll start seeing more and more of 'em. Once the motor development for IT builds is sorted out I figure it might have to pop a cage in it :-)

Cheers and great luck with the Porsche!

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I work for a place that all I do is build the M96 engine. So the engine is the easy part.
    Blake Meredith

Now you are somebody I need to get some pointers from on getting power out of that motor - what's the secret man?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Need update Blake...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Yes! Update is due - I was tearing around in the Boxster this weekend and will be putting in a performance clutch over the winter. What's the IT setup for clutch?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

No ITR at the ARRC
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

No ITR at the ARRC. I have started on the Boxster again. It is close. I will be working on it during work hours now so it should start moving along quicker. The plan is to run it at an open test weekend at Roebling Road that OPM is doing. Then it will go up for sale. Might do the Pro It at Road A in it in March.
    Blake Meredith