Thread: Head & neck restraint comparisons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jake, you can geta hans with quick release tethers now (no cost option), with pull cords just like the Simpson/SS devices. the thing still isn't as good as other devices, but at least you can now make it completely loose from you very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    Jake, you can geta hans with quick release tethers now (no cost option), with pull cords just like the Simpson/SS devices. the thing still isn't as good as other devices, but at least you can now make it completely loose from you very easily.
    ...suggesting that a second point of release might not be such a deadly thing after all.

Give me strength...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    ...suggesting that a second point of release might not be such a deadly thing after all.

Give me strength...

K
    Kirk,
    I feel your anguish!

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

Give me strength...

K
    I'm sure HANS will tell you it's just a convenience, and most users don't get it, and that it's important that you be able to get out having to only release ONE thing.
    And the radio, the coolsuit, breatherhose and the net.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I picked up the hybrid pro rage which is the composite version of the hyprid pro which is carbon fiber. mine does not have the straps that attach to the lap belts.
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

That's really odd Steve. Are you sure it's not one of their other models? The straps are what Safety Solutions commented help with the side impact.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

And, are these modifications and 'options' all tested and comply with SFI?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I talked to Safety Solutions yesterday. I was told they plan to market the Hybrid Pro and Pro Rage without the additional straps as their standard model. They recommend the harness straps for the oval track racers. I ordered mine without the additional straps/loops.

Just going off what I was told, Im mostly glad to finally have one purchased and be a step closer to racing in '12.

My Hybrid Pro Rage arrived yesterday (Dave's nice write up came out just a couple of days after I ordered) and it doesn't have the additional straps. However it does have the most important safety feature, the SFI 38.1 tag. I know I feel so much safer than with my Isaac device.

In all seriousness, I think the information out there on the Hybrid devices is a little confusing at best on what the available options are. I thought I had done my research pretty thoroughly but there were still options and acronyms being tossed around that I wasn't clear on. As soon as the new helmet arrives I may have to return the Pro Rage for the version with the SAS straps for side impact protection. Based on the limited test fitting I have done it seems comfortable and easy to use.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv