Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
It doesn't work like that Matt. I either pick a class I like, then look for a car (like ITR) or I pick a car I like and look for a class. I don't pick an engine, then car. And I submit that in IT and NASA PT, it's very similar. Who are we trying to attract with a 'business' model like this? Guys who love their engines?

The sheer amount of motors that could provide the appropriate power to weight right now is VERY limited...and so will the class. I just don't see any way around it. Even if the Miata can make the HP one guy predicts, it's a two dog hunt. Profit? I think not.

Still want to understand the crank vs WHP target numbers. I don't get it.
Well, Andy, the class will only be limited if the guys running want to be competitive. As a national class, yes, it's more likely that you'll get guys who want to win.
Now, who knows, it might attract guys who love engine swaps for the sake of doing it, and are less concerned about their competitive level. But I know what it costs to go racing, and I personally don't want to bring a knife to a gunfight. Been there, done that.

Greg, I GET the way it works. I'm saying that to MY eye, that's the way the class works. To OTHERS, it might be a fun swap class. I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth.
So, to me, the Specific output is the crux...... if you want to be competitive, assuming the class has entries to compete with. Given that, I'm trying to develop a list of candidates. I'm trying to educate myself. Simple as that.
I GET that the STAC doesn't want rotaries in STL if they could be competitive. I GET that. I didn't say a peep about it on my last post.

I'm just trying to figure out what you guys on the STAC have in mind. What you're expecting. The vision. What you expect to 'see' in a year or two. What cars, what power levels, how many, etc.