Thread: Mk3 ITB weight?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TDI isn't listed in IT so is not legal, so your choices are limited. I don't know the details but you could run one in SPU (a newish SCCA class).

K

There are a bunch of TDI track cars out west. They have been running my book setups and going really fast. 280hp, and 350tq??
    NASA is the place to run this TDI car. Start with track days and worry about all of the fine print later. Keeping the car stockish, cage or hoop only.
    Build it ,drive it, make a class decision when it matters.
    The gasssrs have more places to run with SCCA, like about 4 classes. Stay away from the GT classes and even the ST classes, esp as a first build. They are big holes in the ground, waiting for ths shovel full of 20$ bills.

SCCA also has PDX/track days in some areas. These are a good away to get on the track also. No classes,just drivers. Find your local SCCA contact person and find a track date.

http://www.scca.com/sitemap.cfm has contact info.

Please excuse me if Ithink that you are new to racing, and you're not. Old guys like me assume things. Sorry.
    Feel free to contact me directly @ me addy in my sig.
    have fun,MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I am new to the driver/owner part. I have been in racing for awhile. The highlight being David Leslies Crew cheif on the Mirko Racing 626. I used to run some of the Skip Barber race series but always loved sedan and the BTCC. Autocrossed for 4 seasons. Thanks for all the info. After further searching it looks as though the gti could be ok in GTS2 with the right amount of boost.