Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lexan widows

At the Nelson Ledges race in Oct there was a SM with a checkered flag wrap across the back window. I couldn't see thru the front of the car, I couldn't see the driver's hands.

I debated about saying something to driver but finally just said something to tech at impound of the Sunday morning race. He said he'd check grid for the afternoon race. I only mentioned the window, the tech guy surmised for himself I couldn't see hand signals, etc and understood it as a safety issue, not a nitpick.

I wasn't sure if my action was mildly passive aggressive or not. I just didn't picture that having a word with the driver would be constructive, he obviously likes his window tint and no one has ever complained before...
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

I agree with you there.. If tech didn't say anything, I would have said something to the competitor myself. But yeah, that's a safety issue-- I would think that's well within tech's realm of action.

From the GCR:

9.3.53. WINDOWS
    Windows shall be clear or uncolored, except in Production, Super Touring, Touring, and Showroom Stock if no factory or after market clear windows are available. Officials may require the replacement of windshields that are considered a safety hazard. All closed cars shall run with both front door windows fully open.

Doesn't explicitly say no graphics on the windows, but close.
    Tim

It says windows shall be clear or uncolored. a wrap covering the entire window would certainly make it NOT clear.
    graphics with sponsor or driver names are a different issue.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7