Thread: ITB Sentra - WTF?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post

I think Ruck ran *A* 1:41 this year. I don't think he ran a bunch of them. Stretch ran consistent 1:43s in 2004 when he battled with Serra. That was before the repave. The repave supposedly shaved 2 secs off times, but that was several years ago.
    So I am not sure what your point is here. It actually supports that a 1:43 from 'then' is a 1:41 'now'. So it would then be possible for Stretch's car without any further development, to be competitive. *A* 1:41 is still a 1:41.

You have said this several times. I have asked for those dyno sheets to be produced and have yet to see them. I have a dyno sheet for the motor Stretch raced in 2004. It made 144 whp and 15x tq (don't remember the exact #). Now, this was before open ECUs and before the intake track was open in front of the throttle body. An off-season project is to put in a Nistune ECU that can be programmed real time and fix-up the intake. I know Neal is running a custom built ECU based on a 16-bit Silvia ECU and whatever hp he is making is probably going to be real close to max. Based on TraqMate data I seem to be close to the Integras in top speed at the end of the back straight. I'm hitting 117/118 and Hoppe said he was hitting 119 and Hoppe was a better driver. We all seem to be down on the Miata, though.
    That car made 150/150 with a Wolf. The big power was in the header. Seeing as how Bob's car was less than optimised ECU and intake-wise, I am confident that the numbers I quote and what can be done today are in line. For those of you who think your 'chipped' ECU's are optimised, you are nuts. Peak HP means diddly. Area under the curve is what it's all about, and when you can manipulate that every 200 or so RPM, you can create a real nice powerband.

Stretch's last race at the ARRC in the 240 was in 2004 against Serra. The brakes looked fine to me when I got the car. He took the car to a dyno in October before the ARRC. The head issue in SM was a few years later I believe.

David
    You need to go do some research on the recount of that race. The way Jake described it was the way it was described then. I remember because I was following and cheering for our NER guy, Serra.

A 150/150 240SX is in NO WAY an underdog to the Teg/CRX/Miata. How fast is the Price Miata into 10?

On edit: The more I read the more I am convinced that most people have no clue when they are getting whooped by a DRIVER, not a car.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 11-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967