Thread: Locating ex-WCTC cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have you tried Racing Junk?

Try this bad boy, but gotta warn ya, the car may be cheap but the upkeep might not be

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...#ht_500wt_1182

I don't know what happened to this. https://improvedtouring.com...p?t-26649.html

Ps, if you are thinking about actually running, Brandon's car is a steal. He's selling it because he's building a '12 but this one will likely be every bit as good.

That car was sold then traded back to Tindol for a Mazda 6. It is back at Tindol I think?

Hey just wanted to say thanks for all the replies! If you find one for sale post it here as I'll check this thread from time to time. Maybe this thread will entice someone else to look into bringing one over to STU.

I have one as well and just a bit of caution when looking at older WCTC's, they don't automatically transfer in to STU. In my case I am out on a few things, but the biggest issues are having to add well over 200 lbs (almost 300) to the car, reduce the compression ratio (or run illegal and hope I don't get protested) and run smaller tires (not a major thing).

The car as it sits, is one of the best handling and quickest FWD cars I have ever driven, but I really don't want to make a bunch of changes that reduce the driving experience to run for a trophy that I would lose in a second with a protest. If I tow to an SCCA event, then I will just run the car as is in ITE.

Greg and others in the SCCA Club side have been great with communication and trying to help me get the car to fit in, but as I mostly run with a different group up here in Canada that lets me run the car as is, I just want to leave it at that. We actually have a fairly large number of ex WCTC running in Ontario and sometimes they sell pretty cheap. Oh yeah, I also use a Defnder as it is the only comfortable one with SFI ratings, but it was certified in 2009, so I am still good for a few years, LOL. Up here the use of a H&N is still only recommended.

Eric

Make sure you get the newest one you can with a valid VTS that fits with the direction of STU.

http://www.improvedtouring.com/galle...php?i=365&c=13
    Last edited by 23racer; 10-27-2011 at 04:43 PM.

the best place to find older wctc and grand am st cars are with the teams that have raced them. thats where i got my mustang. particularly in this economy its hard to sell the retired equipment and a lot of it is taking up garage space.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 23racer View Post
    I have one as well and just a bit of caution when looking at older WCTC's, they don't automatically transfer in to STU. In my case I am out on a few things, but the biggest issues are having to add well over 200 lbs (almost 300) to the car, reduce the compression ratio (or run illegal and hope I don't get protested) and run smaller tires (not a major thing).
    Thanks Eric, didn't realize that some WCTC cars may not fit STU. Good info!