Thread: Woot Finally got the car I was looking for!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow sweet thank you for the info! That is exactly what i was looking for. Double adjustable that is not 5K lol.

A bit of an update on this car I removed the interior to find a horrable discovery the Point of the car where the Floor pan meets the trunk is almost runsted through. There was a bit of Rot in the Left fender well but the floor is making me question the if this will be a good donor chassis.

To add Insult to injury sounds like MAM may not reopen ever being flooded all summer I think damaged the track beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Griso Gray View Post
    To add Insult to injury sounds like MAM may not reopen ever being flooded all summer I think damaged the track beyond repair.
    Says who?

The track is still under water, which makes it tough to assess the damage to the facility. The water that has flooded it is ground water that has come up from below, not an out-of-the-bank river...which at least means there's no current flowing to erode anything.

Now, what happens with the stability of that saturated floodplain is another question....but until the water goes away, I wouldn't seal the coffin.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region