Thread: September 2011 Fastrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the power steering question is a result of a member letter written requesting same. the decision was made to put it out for member input, partly due to the percived ability amng some in the ITAC to "delete" the function of the system via the bearing-in-pulley.

personally, i'm hesitant to move on it. I [begrudgingly] allow that the bearing pulley is legal but only due to "APWR" and certianly not the intent of the rule. but I also see a lot of cars with the same drivetrains, rated at the same power, some with and some without PS depending on trim, body style, etc.. and we all know that removing PS on some cars will mean gains and some it will not. which means otherwise identical cars are at a disadvantage, and that some cars currently well balanced in their class could become unbalanced and that's really hard to predict with all of the classifications in the ITCS.

I want to see letters with evidence of the power change. I want member input from a gut level. I want to hear from the people who view it as superfluous and those who want it to stay as part of the limited modification philosophy of IT. then I thinkwe should vote on it. I need convincing, otherwise I vote to leave it as is.
    Last edited by Chip42; 08-16-2011 at 01:31 PM.