Thread: Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 5 at Pocono

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Then you should already know that we're already running it backwards! We originally used to run this track the other direction, and without the "back straight" chicane. Made for a lot of fun L1 heading into Devil's Elbow...!

I never ran it that way Greg. When i used to run AMA with my TZ250 somewhere between 1978- 1980 @ Pocono we used the same course as they do today.

That's whatcha gotta do anyway at any new track, you old fart!

I guess I am an old fart, I just don't feel old most of the time. :026:

Negatory, good buddy. I have the head enroute to Blake Meredith as we speak (hurry up, Mr FedEx!) but it'll take some time for diagnosis, parts ordering, prep, and shipping. My goal right now it to try and make NJMP later in the month; if I miss that then we're looking to get back to the Glen for the Fun One, then maybe VIR in October...?
    GA
    That's a shame I hope you get it back on the track soon. I'd love to see it running and I'd like to hear what the diagnosis was.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    That's a shame I hope you get it back on the track soon. I'd love to see it running and I'd like to hear what the diagnosis was.
    Hmmm, I'd bet the diagnosis is that you have to remember it's not a rotary and it has an actual redline, beyond which, reciprocating weights go exponential, and things go boing!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Boy does the butt-end of that wall loom large in that config...

Mow down the cones on the first lap...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Boy does the butt-end of that wall loom large in that config...

Mow down the cones on the first lap...
    Cones - no problem. Pile of tires - problem.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Default Good luck to everyone at Pocono

Guys.....this has been a very tough year for me making any events with the opening of our store at NJMP. It just takes up a ton of time having to be there. I am hoping over the winter I can work on helping out ProIT again finding some product sponsors like we had a few years ago. You guys are a great group and I am looking forward to getting involved again in a small way.
    Fyi......I purchased brand new Corghi tire mounter and balancer which is located at our Dover NJ location. If you are nearby and need this service please give me a call.....even if it is for your personal vehicle.....1-800-275-4667....thanks and hopefully I will see you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Default go north young man!

If anyone would ever think it thru-the north course is the best track at Pocono. Lap times are similar to Limerock, and it minimizes time on the banking while maximizing road course experience.
    And it is ever so satisfying to take the kink off the banking flat out without lifting til the first real turn-that'll seperate the men from the boys. Ask Butch OC what he thinks.
    The clockwise long course, especially with chicanne, just is stupid.
    However, the CCwise long course is a great asphalt dyno and a good first run of the season, especially if you want to do some tuning and sorting. Not much for "road-racing" though.
    Last edited by pfcs; 08-03-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    phil hunt

The long and short of this is that this is a National Race, what ever configuration they run we run. Sometimes we have to suck it up and do what the series wants. Then after the season is when you can change things if you want. It would be a good idea during the drivers meeting to address all the potential hzards around the track so we minimize damages to all. I'm sure everyone's intentions are to keep their cars intact so they can look forward to the last ProIT @ the Glen.

I'll be there for tire support on Thursday afternoon to noon Sunday.
    Give me a call to place orders.
    866-208-6551
    TreadZone ProIT