The med factor is a big hassle now days. Yo have to have a physical in the last 30 days or so??
The FAA is flying guys on driver license med ticket now(Light Sport). Maybe the annual physicals are a waste of time and money? They are. How is racing a car any more dangerous to others, than driving on the street?
Is it time to reduce the medical requirements for a SCCA license?

I have a driver that is 79yrs old, with a SCCA license, that had a soft stroke10 yrs ago . We have to lift him out of the car. Decent driver, hell of a nice guy. Gets a SCCA pass every year.
The Chumps just need a street license and to be able to walk( or get to) to registration and back.
The SCCA race license office, can be a hassle. How many races? send it in , oh you need one more for a national, send it back.. BS. Why hassle your customers? How much do we pay these people to hassle us?
If there was just one level , we could do away with half of the SCCA office. get rid of it..
Some have said that the racing has seen a reduction of participation due to the economy. The facts are that the guys with money have gone elsewhere ,Chump racing being one venue. There is plenty of money spent on these race cars and at the races. I have team owners from all over the east coast. All well off ,one SCCA member. Most of my races have at least one fly in driver. Money is being burned through these cars. Dont kid your self into thinking that it will go away. It is bigger and bigger every race. It is treated like a business, not a courtroom. The rules are a little subjective, but the results have been close. If you win, you get penalty laps the next races. If you cheat, you dont get the money.
Money!! thats right, it is $1500 to win. Wicked trophies on top.
When you get your ass handed to you, a good business plan is to copy success. SCCA needs to reduce the hassle of it's office, at the race regstration, at tech, all along the road to the track. Reduce the classes. My ITB car can run HP, GTL, STU, WTF?
IMHO, MM