Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
I was asking for a clarification on what is actually allowed, since that's exactly how some other people are going to read it when you say you can use any intake manifold from that chassis. The same chassis code was sold all over the world, and that's how I read it.
You should/can ask for a formal clarification (see my sig), but I suggest, given the response from the CRB to date, if you try to argue that you can use the engines from the JDM cars because the same exact chassis were available in the US and Japan, that the CRB's response would be predictable.

IMO, forget that the rest of the world exists. What matters is what equipment your local Nissan dealer was able to sell you.

...the FWD SR20DE intake manifold points backwards in relation to the required mounting on an RWD car.
Then we got farked by Nissan, and unfortunately there's currently no legitimate way around it.

Note that the new philosophy states:

"Some amount of latitude will be considered to facilitate engine installations, however if extensive modifications are required it is recommended to seek clarification from the Club Racing Board."

...and 9.1.4.G.1 states:

"If an engine from a front wheel drive vehicle is installed in a rear wheel drive vehicle, alternate OEM intake manifolds may be considered."

...but if you make a request you better do your homework, have all your ducks in a row, and be very specific with factory part numbers and detailed supporting reasons and specifications. I can't say it'll be approved, but it will certainly be considered, and I can assure you that if you put anything with the letters "JDM" in there it will be summarily rejected.

There was, however, an SR20DE installed in the S13 and S14 chassis (in Japan of course) that could provide a bolt-on intake manifold solution, but you'd still have to re-do the entire ignition system to make it work.
Ignition will be "free" in 2012.