Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Although the ITR drivers think it would be better to weed their way through 30+ non-ITR cars during a race, we must also look at those other drivers and whether they will speak with their wallets.
Gregg - not picking on you (besides, I know you have very thick skin), because obviously the majority of the CRC had to vote on this; but why would there be any difference between ITR running in the group with ITA, versus T3 running with ITA (which they do now)? They run almost exactly the same lap times, and I know Don (T3) routinely lapped up to the top 6-8 ITA cars last year when he ran.

I mean, heck, we give SRF their own race group when they're fielding 10-12 cars, we give open wheel two separate groups for what, maybe 20 cars in total? I bet the 170+ drivers who don't race in those classes wouldn't mind seeing open wheel combined into one group, and SRF put back in with small bore. As you said, we can't make everyone happy - but when we do things that we know will keep drivers away maybe we should re-think those things. I would be really, really curious to see a poll of the current MARRS ITA drivers, asking how many would stop racing (or change groups) if they had ITR in the group.