Thread: May 2011 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I don't like this one because its just anothe SWAG in the process. I see no need.
    I agree. Allowing wider rims down class is a huge can of worms. Yes, it's a swag on the weight. Second, some tracks will be more suited to narrow rims, others to wider rims, and the competitors in the class don't have such options. Not fair to the class.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Trust the Process Luke.
    If a competitor requests a car be classed in a second class just run it thru the process with the new class power to weight and call it a day.
    Trust the process.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Trust the Process Luke.
    If a competitor requests a car be classed in a second class just run it thru the process with the new class power to weight and call it a day.
    Trust the process.
    When a BoD guy speaks, so clearly, maybe we should pay attention.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    When a BoD guy speaks, so clearly, maybe we should pay attention.
    Nah, I just speak for one IT racer. I have no idea if anyone on the CRB or the BOD would share my opinion on this. Probably only one other person on the BoD that has much of an understanding of the philosophy of IT, maybe two. The CRB of course understands us a lot better.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Probably only one other person on the BoD that has much of an understanding of the philosophy of IT, maybe two. The CRB of course understands us a lot better.
    You sure about that? they don't seem to understand the philosophy of much lately...

just sayin'...
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Spinnetti, in reguards to your build it sounds that your mechanical engine is close to 100%. Mine sounds identical except runngin lowe tension gapless total seal rings, and I did play with the bearing gaps. Coatings are illegal per IT, so no coatings.

what you are missing is the additional stuff. For example I do know that (depending on what TRD header you have) you can gain a few ft/lbs but probably 0 hp going with a different design. I have had burns run a simulation for the the 4AGE with stock cams, cam timing, and port flows. From my understanding they typcially do not do this for free. I calculated using mathmatic calcs using sonic and mass/velocity/acceleration equations (keeping the speed of sound constant with temperature). It parralleled what burns came up with and you might be suprised.

Luckily the stock computer is fairly aggressive.. even with a tuned header the AFR's are really good, which is probably why you saw little gains with changes in FP.

Engine is odly EXTREMELY sensitive to base timing. 2* either way off the optimum timing is 1-2 hp peak 4* you can see a change of 4 to 6 hp.. This is alot for a car that does not make much to begin with.

In reguards to the intake side of things.. this has been tested many times and documented on line. If you want to test yourself get two ferncos and play with piping lengths.. once you the best make a permant solution. (Though it has been found for the 4AGE LP engine that shorter=better for peak hp).
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Trust the Process Luke.
    Trust the process.
    Thats all I'm sayin.. gimme a while to acclimate and decide if I wanna go down. Until then lemme keep runnin.. some of the other ideas are side trackkin...