WE MADE TARGET WHP!!!! (almost...)

I believe 38% for the CRX si D16a6 engine. For the D16z6 (and probably the other VTEC D16's unless in ITB) it's 25% and for good reason... I have a 10/10th build and I am more or less there, within +/- 1 whp depending on the day, the dyno settings, etc.

Here's the math.

2270 lbs (process weight) - 50 lbs DW adder = 2220 lbs
2220 lbs / 0.98 FWD subractor = 2265 lbs (if unadjusted)
2265 lbs / 14.5 lb/chp ratio = 156.2 chp
156.2chp * 0.85 standard driveline ratio loss = 132.7 process whp

OR

156.2 chp - 125 stock chp = 31.2 chp upgrade via IT allowed mods
31.2 chp / 125 stock chp = 24.96% or ~ 25%

i'll accept your math above that is saying 156.2 Crank HP. but since the 90-91's were rated at 108 hp, then 156.2/108 = 1.446

so call it a 45% multiplier.

nice hp numbers btw. and thanks for sharing.

i'll accept your math above that is saying 156.2 Crank HP. but since the 90-91's were rated at 108 hp, then 156.2/108 = 1.446

so call it a 45% multiplier.

nice hp numbers btw. and thanks for sharing.

Tom, those numbers were posted selfishly for my car. Here is the 90-91 Civic/CRX Si/Ex as far as I know it.

2250 lbs (process weight) - 50 lbs DW adder = 2200 lbs
2200 lbs / 0.98 FWD subractor = 2244 lbs (if unadjusted)
2244 lbs / 14.5 lb/chp ratio = 154.8 chp
154.8 chp * 0.85 standard driveline ratio loss = 131.6 process whp

OR

154.8 chp - 108 stock chp = 46.8 chp upgrade via IT allowed mods
46.8 chp / 108 stock chp = 43.3% or ~ 43%

wow, that's crazy though there's probably more weight adders that I am NOT aware of. It's been posted on it.com before lots of time, it was well know that the Honda advertised lower than real chp for the D16a6.

there was a guy that knows a guy that said his CRX Si "did 135whp but on a Dynojet". That second guy was not Moser but another well respected CRX dude. if unaltered that dynojet posted 10% higher than real whp, then perhaps 122whp, about 9 whp below target. My suggestion is to talk to Moser or King Motorsports to see how much they were off the mark. Otherwise, I would call that extra 150 lbs "reward weight" for driving a d16a6. (sorry)

Last edited:
That's okay, you're allowed! ;)

:p

Maybe and maybe (mostly depends on $$)... But WGI is very much about power and I don't know T-Bolt very well yet(and my teammate has never driven it)

Oh and If YOU could get those numbers, they should proly through a lil extra weight at it just to be safe! :p

maybe a little...

I SAID MANY DAMNIT!!! now stop reminding me... j/k (i crack myself up)

No wgi? no njmp? pooh...

Last edited:
Oh and If YOU could get those numbers, they should proly through a lil extra weight at it just to be safe! :p

the car weighs 2308 with 5/8 tank of gas and a 200lbs driver w/ gear. So, it's 38 lbs overweight. When I asked Matt if there's anything we can do to lose weight, he said: "you, you're a fat ass". He's right again.

He would tell you that.....I thought it was good we have both #12 cars in his shop at the same time.

See you at LRP Mickey. I think I owe you a full gas can.

+1 that Matt WOULD say that! LOL I was thinking the same thing before I even scrolled down!

So who has the number reserved for ITA? Or do you two arm wrestle over it? :p

He would tell you that.....I thought it was good we have both #12 cars in his shop at the same time.

See you at LRP Mickey. I think I owe you a full gas can.

the car weighs 2308 with 5/8 tank of gas and a 200lbs driver w/ gear. So, it's 38 lbs overweight. When I asked Matt if there's anything we can do to lose weight, he said: "you, you're a fat ass". He's right again.

Wait! What does 5/8's of a tank of gas have to do with anything?! That's what we start with for J when he is in the car...

. When I asked Matt if there's anything we can do to lose weight, he said: "you, you're a fat ass". He's right again.

Welcome to the club. You just paid the Kessler "Stupid Tax". You say something stupid, Matt is gonna make you pay!!

:023:

You guys, LRP is so NOT about the horse power in ITA. There are so many other things you have to do right, to be fast...........

Yep, that was 4 years ago, I've done a fair amount of reading on dynos since then, and while it is correct on the differences on how dynos operate, it's totally wrong on "set in stone" differences between what a motor reads on this dyno or that.

Seriously.

It is NOT accurate, in anyway, to say that a particular type of dyno always reads higher or lower than another.
Agreed that the "tuning paramaters" can be used to skew the dynojet's lower, but I'm sure you remember replying to this....

Yep, that was 4 years ago, I've done a fair amount of reading on dynos since then, and while it is correct on the differences on how dynos operate, it's totally wrong on "set in stone" differences between what a motor reads on this dyno or that.

Seriously.

It is NOT accurate, in anyway, to say that a particular type of dyno always reads higher or lower than another.

True, we have had SM's validate our Pack on Jets and they were within 1%. We also have developed a 'correction factor with the cooling water on and off.

+1 that Matt WOULD say that! LOL I was thinking the same thing before I even scrolled down!

So who has the number reserved for ITA? Or do you two arm wrestle over it? :p

I run my #12 meotter in SM & SM2 now. I never ran it in ITA (I'm just here because of the fun I used to have with the volvo's when SSM and ITB were in the same group).

I only run ITA in enduros....and I don't do that that well.

Back