Thread: Heart of Dixie June 17-19, Nashville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Like John said, it IS a fun event and the garages are a nice break.

As of today, May 31, we are up to 33 entries. I am the only one registered in "S" but I know of a couple more that will probably be there.

The time to register is now!

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Up to 42 entries right now. You guys are missing an opportunity. These races are SARRC points events and $$$ Pro-IT. Right now Jeff and I have ITS sewn up for points and $$$

Come have some real fun and enjoy TRUE southern Hospitality. We have a Paddock HOST, not a paddock marshal.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Plus the HODBX
    Heart of Dixie Beer Exchange!

Only one week left in early registration. No charge or cash required to register early so go ahead and sign up.

Up to 45 entries, still need a few more to hit the break even point for the region. Come on out for some good racing and good beer as part of the beer exchange!!

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

What a blast! And what a coincidence. Paul Balance got tired of waiting on me to finish building the replacement car to the one I crashed at Barber in 2007, and offered to let me drive his car in the Saturday SARRC. Thanks to his generous offer, excellent car prep, 3 practice sessions on Friday, and dumb luck, I was able to bring it to a second place finish behind Chuck Hines, who I first met in 2007 after his car slid off the rain slick track at Barber into my car. That's where I met Paul when as the corner worker at the spot of the crash, Paul helped me out of my car and offered me and Chuck a bottle of water. Chuck reintroduced himself at Impound Saturday with an apology for hitting my car 4 years prior, which was appreciated and totally unnecessary. That was racing and could have happened to anyone. If not for a couple of mistakes on my part, my car would not have been sitting against the tires where Chuck's car slid off.

Anyway, it was an excellent couple of days and the most fun I've had since 2007. I have got to finish building my car. Thanks again, Paul.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

I really did enjoy seeing Dave pilot my car. He did great!!

This time a week ago we were qualifying. WE all had a good time at a fun track that is way more technical than people want to give it credit for.

We are already looking forward and planning for next year and I need YOUR help. For those of you that did not attend, would you prefer an earlier date? Say March-April? or a later date say maybe in October-November?

I have heard a lot of complaints about how "front loaded" the SEDIV schedule is and we are trying to find a date for 2012 that does not conflict with US F1 race, June Sprints, NASA RA race, etc. but we would like some input from the racers.

Please respond here.

Thanks, Paul
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

let me offer two things. as ive mentioned the conflict with the nasa road atlanta event keeps me away. with my mother and sister and neices in nashville, i'd love a race event that they could come to. but with almost 200 race cars and 400 cars overall at road atlanta as someone that sell photography services as well as racing, i can't pass that event up even for a nashville event.

move your date one weekend one way or the other and i'm there.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion