We are testing @ Sebring this weekend. The races are pretty serious. You need to make perfect (5 min plus the lap time) pit stops. Stay on the track, dont pass under yellow, run quick low pain laps.
I have 7 paid drivers for Sebring 14hr race. The cost is $800 per. ( 2 cars)
Sebring in the dark, maybe it will rain. oh baby.
http://gallery.oracool.net/v/album82...ring3.jpg.html
Most of the last year whiners were racing cheated up SMs, milled heads, big cams etc. The Miata is supposed to be stock, stock is stock.
John has done a good job with the penalty laps, RE cheater cars or cars just over the 500$ mark. Many of the races have had the top 5 cars in the same 10 laps, or less, after 7 hr s. Most of the time the top three are in the same 2 laps. Matching pit stops.
It has been a great time so far. We have found a nice bunch of good drivers and all have a good time. We usually run around the top 4.2nd is our best so far.
Some speed improvements have been made to the Golf , it is designed for Roebling Road.
CCWS has lots of track time for the cash., 900$+- gets your team 14 or more hours on a race track. I figure the running cost around $250 per hour. I treat it just like a regular endurance rental . Full race prep, every time it runs.
MM