Thread: How many STL cars for 2011?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll take care of it.

I can see your collective point from a rules nerd standpoint: it says if you're a legal IT car you "shall" go to STU. However, if you're a legal ITx car (below 2.0L) then with the exception of the fire system (as Chip pointed out) you're a legal STL car (correct? I can't think of anything else non-compliant). So, who's to say you're following ITx rules when you enter STL? It's not like someone can FORCE you into STU if you meet all STL rules. Maybe you made a change between sessions that's not compliant with ITx but is OK in STL...? Or you just claim that you did...?

So we can address this one of two ways: we remove the requirement for a fire system in STL (which I already have in process) or we specifically note in the rules that 2.0L-and-smaller ITx cars are explicitly legal in STL. I personally don't have a problem with non-fire system cars entering STL and I hope you don't either; I'll work to get this resolved by next STAC meeting and published next Fastrack. - GA

I think the easier approach is to say all 1985 and newer ITCS compliant cars of 2.0L or under may run in STL. maybe even any legal ITC,B, or A car, or ITS or R car under 2.0L can run. this accomplishes the required goals, allows even more cars of the right general speed, and keeps the GCR rules as is.

personally, I like fire systems though I understand the evolution from SS to IT keeping the requirement out of that class. I don't think the same should be true for STL or STU, barring the alowances for IT/SM/etc... cars to run in the category.