Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
We are only looking at one side of the coin.
Agreed but I think we have to think bigger picture than just the insurance risk that you seem to be focused on.

The recurring topic of concern over the past several years in the club has been participation, member retention and new members. These are the factors that are most likely to drive (and require) serious changes in how the club operates.

What do we really think is most likely to cancel events and put regions out of business, the threat of lawsuits or taking increasing losses at events because the casual racers leave and no new ones join? I can tell you in all of the discussions I hear, no one is worried about insurance costs, it's all about the members.

Yet despite this focus on retention and drawing in new people this policy is completely contrary to that priority. There is no argument I have seen made that suggest this will help bring new people in or keep current racers coming to the track. Put simply, it adds to the the biggest problem that we currently have, and all of this at a time when costs keep rising. It just doesn't make sense.