Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loaded and ready for battle :026:

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Thanks all for a great weekend. Got so much help from the Tristan, Kirk & the Brimtek Crew, Rob, Jean and Lee when my camping project failed Saturday night due to a tent that was unwisely placed in a flash flood:

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?f...6&l=460959b565

Everyone was great on the track and cut my rookie driving some slack. I tried to stay out of faster cars' way, but may not always have succeeded. Racing in the rain was insane fun. Also, it's incredible how good it feels to avoid the spinning car ahead down the chute and find enough traction in the wet dirt to juuust manage to stay clear of the tire wall. :026:
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Kai
    I thought that you handled yourself just fine while running with the Small Bore group. You were heads up and aware of what was happening and gave me more than enough room when I came by. Thanks.

Please come and run with us again. Hopefully more people will figure out that STL is a viable place to run and with it being in the Small Bore group there is opportunity to "double dip" if you are running in one of the IT classes as well.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Great weekend at Summit! This was my third visit and the first in five years. Tough to remember the track and run it in a IT instead of the GTA/GT1 car. Had to unlearn what I did with the point and shoot monster and get the lines down for momentum. Not sure I got the lines but definitely had a ton of fun! The rain qualifier was a blast.

Parked at the front of the paddock and wondered why this great spot was available. Uh, it was by the drain that emptied out the flash flood....car nearly washed away. Two feet of water in less than 20 minutes

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...=1943795604425
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Dude, I *did* look like a fisherman with the yellow on !

Now I understand why they included that WWII German amphibian car in Gran Turismo 5...

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Parked at the front of the paddock and wondered why this great spot was available. Uh, it was by the drain that emptied out the flash flood....car nearly washed away. Two feet of water in less than 20 minutes

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1943795604425
    Ben
    That great spot was available because the drivers rep. reserved it for Big Bore class cars(your welcome!). Since I had to "stand in" for the Big Bore rep. Pam Richardson while she was at VIR for the Double National.
    The drainage issue happens only when we have epic rain like on Saturday.
    I have not seen it rain like that at Summit in ten years.
    cheers
    dave parker

Ben,

I thought about you while sitting out the storm at Baker (temporarilly renamed lake baker.) I was happy to see you where able to move out of the deepest of the waters, but I saw Kai's tent under water. This was some serious rains, weather stations nearby reported 2.44" of rain on Saturday and I am going to guess most of it fell in a 2 hour window.

wundergound reports 2.04....either way, record setting rain for 1 day.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html
    Last edited by JamesB; 04-18-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    Ben
    That great spot was available because the drivers rep. reserved it for Big Bore class cars(your welcome!). Since I had to "stand in" for the Big Bore rep. Pam Richardson while she was at VIR for the Double National.
    The drainage issue happens only when we have epic rain like on Saturday.
    I have not seen it rain like that at Summit in ten years.
    cheers
    dave parker
    Thanks Dave - I think I met you at the drivers meeting - you pulled double duty with little bore also?

Some great folks at Summit - a fellow also tried to reserve me a spot in the ITR area, which has moved and is now different than the paddock map? I thought ITR and Big Bore were pretty close - and when I pulled in around 9PM was relieved to have a place to park - mucho thanks again!

PS - I have great video of the race but not posting......I'd be inviting a 100 critiques of where I could improve my line!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Saturday ITS/B/C race...

http://vimeo.com/22624789

Splish Splash.

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Thanks Dave - I think I met you at the drivers meeting - you pulled double duty with little bore also?
    Ben
    Yes, double duty and I have the double duty paycheck to prove it.
    It was not really a big deal to do other than having twice the amount of paddock spaces to mark off on Thursday evening. There was no drama as far as the Big Bore group was concerned, so not much for me to have to deal with.

Please come race with us again.
    cheers
    dave parker