Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
I'm not taking as fight-picking. I'm just making a a general statement. See the facts, weigh the facts, make a vote. Easy. Each individual would have to weigh in with why they voted how on what number.
Fair enough Andy. I misinterpreted your earlier comment to mean that you guys discussed the different ratings, did the research, and then determined which # to use, and then processed the car. I guess where I got crossed up is that I thought there would have been some kind of record as to why a specific # was selected, especially when it deviated from what was in the service manual.

Chris,

While the lower compression motors, and specifically the JH motors w/ the 'toilet bowl' manifold, may gain more than an HT or RD motor, they're not making the gains that would be required to justify the current weight. 125 chp or 106 whp is just not possible out of that motor, w/ a legal IT build. Ask any of the top shops that built those motors all through the 90's. I've got a file that's probably 2 or 3 inches thick, that was put together back in the 90's by folks like the Pucketts, Stu Brummer of BSI, etc., documenting what kind of power an IT-legal JH motor would make.