Thread: ABS in ST

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Linky?

You can run alternate brakes or ABS. How is your last sentence not clear on that point?
    http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/for...s/threadpage/3

second to last post.

like I said - my impression was ABS with stock brakes or open rotors and calipers up to the specified maxima. I PREFER this reading - and I gather from your post that you see it that wasy as well.

but there is comnfusion out there, and since Peter posts there often (if a single sentance on a regular basis can be considered a post) I figured he would have straitened it out if it were wrong.

generally - the ST rules are mess. "X may be done" "Y, Z, are forbidden" is a better way to right the rules. that, and deciding from the start if the rules are open with limits (permissive) or only allowed modifications (restrictive) and sticking with that standard throughout - at least within a section.

also - WRT ST rules - the weights should be in a single lookup area, the rules should be combined by class(I understand this is in the works)as there is too much lookingback and forth and general dischord in the current format.

some people will NEVER read all of the rules, either by willful ignorance of the limits they don't like or laziness. others will read and fail to understand. and others will make assumptions based on their existing paradigms. IT has trouble, this can't be easy.
    Last edited by Chip42; 03-01-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: just read greg's second post