I've used the 32/36, but never had that particular problem. First question for you is: What is the orientation of the carb to the engine? Float bowl toward the fender, or toward the grill? If it is toward the fender, then the problem is usually starvation in one direction only (when cornering opposite direction to that of the float bowl). Solution is to look for the adapter used on a V6 Capri circa 1970-74, which rotated the Weber 90 degrees.

Aside from that, with past experiences with Webers, I'd look for two areas:

First- Is the float, or linkage rubbing/binding along the walls of the float chamber? Work the motion with the top tilted in the corning attitude.

Second- You might try to taper the lower outside edges of the float so that it rides lower when cornering. Some floats are made that way for Holleys. You might need experimentation in this area. Just an idea.

Your best performance solution might be to return to the brass float, if that was the only solution that worked for you on the track. I know the risks, but the odds of it happening again might be very low. Also, on occasion, the composition material floats become sponges, and engorge with fuel causing the same problem...sink to the bottom of the well.

The usual symptom that preceeds the fire, is a degradation in performance (excessively rich) that you might be able to catch, before fuel spills into the engine compartment.

Hope this helps.

Bill