Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
Andy, I have no dog in this fight but I have to wonder why you are being such a dick. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them stupid, evil or out of touch.

My quick look at the 2010 points I see only two champs that made all the races. ITA and SM and in both cases it looks like they would have won if there were drops as well.
Call me a dick if you want but my issue is with the lack of concern for driver input. The people making these decisions are RARELY drivers, they are Regional administrators. It has NOTHING to do with classes I run or how it affects me. I have only heard one driver ever say that a 'Pro' type system would be best for the NARRC.

In fact, at quick glance, there are a couple classes where the CHAMPION would have been different if there were no drops. It rewarded quantity over quality. The drivers I have talked to think that waters down the NARRC Championship. I invite any and all debate on how no drops makes for a better situation. In my opinion, all it does is creates a real possiblility for an 'attendance award'. How often that happens is largely irrelevant, even though it has happened in recent history. What it DOESN'T do, I feel is entice racers to attend more events - because the 11 is so far beyond reality. If you give someone a carrot they can actually reach - with a solid effort and a good 'jump', then they may go for it. If they see the carrot as so high they move to another carrot.

Again, my beef isn't about MY world, it's about the fact the NARRC committee isn't listening to the drivers. What's wrong with being pissed about that? And don't put words in my mouth. I never called anyone evil or stupid. How many of the 8 on the committee club race regularly? 4?

My stance is well known. The NARRC committee knows what the majority of the drivers want in a points structure. They didn't listen. So be it - but lets make sure the drivers know the story. Dick or not.