Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
In my opinion, you should check that attitude a bit. Not towards me, but towards members. We are here to serve them, not be jerks/assholes/obstructionist.
i am here to serve the category, and SCCA as a whole. we will never be 100% sure what is representative of the drivers of the 1000+ IT cars *out there.* i will absolutely consider member input, but on some issues almost no amount of member input will sway me to change my mind on a few things (like alternate control arms)....hence my "I'm not here to make friends" comment. regardless of the issue, "it's easier," or "real race cars have/don't have," or "this is cool," is not sufficient for me to forego RULES STABILITY in favor of the flavor of the day.

somewhat OT but a relevant comparison....

US politics is totally fucked in part because as soon as they are in office, they're already worried about re-election. they're only worried about the next 2-4 yrs with zero consideration for the implications of their decisions further down the road. an ITAC member is not elected, and i am here to consider BOTH the short term and long term effects of each decision on their own merits.