Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
I'm going to bash you. You'll have to determine whether it's too hard.

By writing the letter, you must have had one of two mindsets: either "screw y'all, I want this for me", or "I think this is best for the category".

If the former, shame on you. If the latter, then you have to think about the implications. Is there a performance advantage to moving 30 lbs from the left front to the right rear? Clearly yes for many cars. So if my arch-rival moves his battery I have to move mine or I'm screwed. Or, even worse, if it doesn't help my car to move it, now I'm further back in the grid and I can't do anything about it.
It's not just for me, my car won't be fast enough to even worry about the battery being in an illegal location. However many other series cars easily fit IT rules but have small things, one the battery relocated, which steers them away, sounds stupid but I've spoke to many who mention just that, the other little things can easily be swapped back and forth.

I mentioned that the batteries have to be mounted on the left side of the car (someone can easily swap sides if it was already on the right) and weight has to be added to that cars minimum competition weight. So really there wouldn't be any performance gains but there could be more cars on the grid.

It's my first time at this, so don't go TOO hard on me.