Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
...love the "..." because it takes it out of context.
Noooo....I took it out because you're wrong about that part, and spouting unsupported emotional tantrums. I figured it was better for you to not quote that part.

If you really want to believe that "that nobody WANTS [the Miata to be competitive in STL]", like there's some black-helicopter conspiracy among the STAC (or even the Club as a whole!) to actively develop a class that's intended to make the Miata uncompetitive (esp given the STAC has a very-Miata guy on it), well, I suppose you you can believe that, but the paranoia is misplaced. There is no one that I've ever spoken to that "wants" that in any shape or form. In fact I've heard quite the opposite!

At best, you can argue that we're just not willing to make the mental and categorical twisting gyrations that it would take to shoehorn that car into yet another category, like it's some kind of pre-ordained right that the Miata be competitive wherever it lies. Nope, sorry, it's not a right.

Call the class whatever you want, but in the end the rules are plainly right out there for everyone to choose. Members can take it, or leave it.

I think we have your answer... - GA