Thread: January Fastrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Josh and Jeff I appreciate your work. I remember when Andy was the ITAC chair and I was under the impression that it was going to get fixed. Then shit hit the fan. and now Josh take the head seat in a position that many would not want. I asked Josh then if he was going to push through and work on the MR2 issue. I was told that it is best not to fight that fight now. So I didn't, Finally a process get's aproved that I fully support. I once again supply as much information as I can find assuming that it was going to be talked about. From what I hear it has to some great extent. This has all been years and the car is still some 300lbs over weight!

I can build a motor that makes 130 to the wheels.. it will however not be legal. I have consulted everyone from Randy Pobst (old firehawk MR2 racer) to engineers at Toyota, and TA engine builders. 30% is not possible period, nor is 25 or 20, or 15 hasn't been achieved yet. I do believe that is someone spent even more dyno time they coudl get to 15%... maybe.

Josh/Jeff though I am hesitant to do so (trade secrets and all that) I can submit a build sheet to the ITAC of my engine that made just under what the highest I have seen if you think that will make a difference. total cost in machining and parts (I researched, set chose cleranaces, assembled, called manufacturers for custom parts) was in excess of 5,500 dollars. If someone were to build this engine for me and done the leg work, I imagine it woudl cost alot more. I have a spread sheet detailing the cost (I share the car with my dad so we split cost 50/50 and actually have cost of entire car build)

If people are interested in seeing the paper I wrote to see if there was any exageration someone can setup a file sharing site that we can put it on. It is a pdf file that isn't too large.

-lastly.. Sadly some MR2 owners are doing just what was mentioned above. Some are running at lower weights under "gentalmen agreements" and forefit there points. I tried telling them just wait, have faith. Some have got tired of breaking hubs every weekend (summit point) and plan on running light next year to just cut down on saftey issue. I don't plan on doing the same, however depending how long it is delayed I will probably play somewhere else. Not that it affects IT at all, and there are so few MR2 drivers.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 12-22-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]