Thread: Battery Relocation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would be on board for allowing battery relocation.

Mine is located in the LF corner of the engine compartment. The fuel distributor is located just behind it along with dozens of wires and fuel lines carring fuel at high pressure. Any good hit there could result in a fuel leak and sparks, which equals FIRE! I can't move the wires as I can't more the battery and I can't move the fuel system either. But if I could move the battery I would be able to relocate some of the wires and have the room to protect the fuel lines from harm.

I'm not going to push for it but I would welcome it if it ever happened.

While the battery, washer bottle, etc. rules are there because of the original intent of IT, IT has progressed far beyond that original intent. The ECU rules are one that I don't agree with and go beyond what IT started out as. But since it's already out there I see no reason the rules can't be pushed a bit further. In my case and I would think in many others, moving the battery would result in a safer race car.

Some have said that if we keep pushing the rule set we may end up as Production Lite.
    I don't believe that will happen if some of the rules covering battery location, washer bottles were changed and worded correctly to be very specific to it's intent.

I'll get off my soap box now.
    Last edited by jimbbski; 12-07-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988