Thread: December Fastrack...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    ... I bet if IT went National, a good chunk of the current National classes would be three or more classes farther down the participation list, with their Ruboffs status in greater jeopardy.

Anyway, I hope some of the CRB/BoD guys are reading this and take note at how some of the club thinks. It's attitudes like that that hold the SCCA back every day.
    As they say, "Fixed that for you, Andy." The bottom line is that a certain portion of the current crop of National drivers want nothing more than to protect their turf. Putting very popular classes into their game is not in their individual best interests - irrespective of what might be best for Club Racing growth and viability. I wish I had confidence that Club decision makers were thinking about the program ahead of their individual interests but I don't.

(EDIT - one way that this issue manifests itself is when someone - say, for example, a CRB member who runs a poorly subscribed National class - repeats the mantra over and over that, "Going National will increase the cost of IT." Which is patently crap, BTW.)

I leave the second bit unedited because it bears repeating.

K
    Last edited by Knestis; 11-28-2010 at 10:23 PM.