Thread: December Fastrack...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Andy, you have a nice car and you drive the wheels off it. There are also lots of nice cars in IT. Bomber class merely means entry level like in circle track. We diverege in that I think IT should be the entry level platform for the club. You do not. I think it is important that there should be at least one easy to build, inexpensive location for the newb to start at. This club is difficult enough to navigate without having to spend 30k on a front row build. And unfortunately that is what IT has become. It is not just me either. The club created the ST classes just for those that want more than what IT as a regional only class has to offer. The argument that IT is better competition are another place where I disagree. You race in say a 20 car ITA car field. In that race you only go toe to toe with 1 or 2 other guys the entire race if at the pointy end of field. Everyone else is a field filler. Now that would only not be true if you qualified poorly for some reason. I race in FP and at limerock there are 6 FP cars. I still have 2 of the 5 that I go toe to toe with. I bet I have as much fun as any IT guy. The car counts have been down everywhere, especially in nationals. It just plain costs more to run at the pointy end of the field nationally. That sucks. But will turn around as the economy comes back. I also believe that IT and SM has problems with the definition of acceptable contact. Jake, I believe you are also signed up in the stewards program. It will be interesting to see where that takes us both. That Watkins Glen video I have always had a problem with. Maybe others consider that acceptable. I have a hard time with it. It will be good to see if we can both get clarification on that. I'm not trying to bust balls. Just another place where we diverge. It always surprized me as you are such a rules nerd. And yes I do not like crash damage, it only cost money that would be otherwise used for racing. I do not consider IT guys all hacks. Only about 15% of them are hacks. Thats probably true club wide reg/nat both. The "IT problem" I have heard compared to the movie Failure to Launch. You all want to stay at home because its what you know and are comfy there. I have now run ITB, SM,SSM GT2 and FP and have found fun racing and nice poeple in all of them. SM was just to expensive in the bodywork costs. From my poimt of view its the IT guys who want it to go national that are the self centered ones. It just depends where you stand.
    Chris
    Last edited by zchris; 11-27-2010 at 06:31 PM.