Yes, I was sorta "in" on the STL ruleset when it was first getting drafted, and I struggled to understand the intent. STO and STU were clearly WC based. (You can argue whether that is really a 'good" idea, or not...), but STL was clearly different. So much so that I commented to the drafter of the rules that it might be a different category. Or that maybe it SHOULD be a different category. It was pointed out that it was the same category because of the use of a formula based on engine parameters to determine race weight.

Well, ok, but...

I've been on the outside looking in since then, and have scratched my head at the goal. But when I saw the "Maybe we'll add big brakes later" in the post her by a STAC guy, I got VERY alarmed. That says, to me, "We have this category that we've created, but we really don't know what it is, and we're shooting from the hip."

Oh boy.

Seam welding is allowed? Accck, I missed that. Kirk, great idea on a 'litmus test' to define a go/no go boundry. And yea, Greg and Kirk should absolutely be added to the STAC.

Somehow, I don't see the PTB thinking THAT would be such a cool idea. I fear they LIKE shooting from the hip....