Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
I'd propose that one acid test could be that it should be possible to convert an STL car...[back?] into an IT car with typical garage tools....seam welding or additional chassis/cage mounting points would *not* survive this test.
Damn fine point, Kirk. I agree 100%. STL does not currently (and will not, if I have anything to say about it) allow moving pickup points, and I am dismayed at the seam welding allowance for STL (it's actually allowed for all cars in the category.)

I'd even consider adding in something to my philosophy to that effect, even call out It by name.

I just re-read our MT rules; you know we did that in 2005, right? Over five years later and it still makes sense...that was a good set of rules, a melding of Improved Touring concepts with WCT allowances. Too bad HPM is no longer, they made the 48" spec wing for World Challenge Touring back then...

On edit: Andy, thanks, but I think you're high. I'll be glad to offer my point of view when asked, and I'll even volunteer to help out on occasion. But I have this sneaking suspicion that my intolerance of the politics and glacial progress would get the better of me way too soon...call me a consulting engineer...