Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What everyone above said - a fantastic event, and a total daze of track time galore on an awesome track, with a great crowd, in awesome weather, to end the season.

I drove my car to and from the track - a Civic holds ten (10!) 15" wheels, toolbox, jack & 4 stands, big tub of spares 'n stuff, helmet+suit duffel bag, 5 gal fuel can, clothes, food and drinks for the weekend, and a radio with ipod dock riding on top of the pile .

Double-dipped SSC and ITS; had some slower ITB and ITA cars to play with. Got pounded once, but could continue driving. 8 sessions - 2 15 min Quals, and 6 races - wow!!!

Noticed I was short on rubber, and Joe from Treadzone had the right size BFGs - he even had a set of *his own hillclimb tires* that were obviously heat-cycled and that he sold me for a good price - how awesome is that? Thanks!

Fist time racing Lightning - had only done a track day in a street car before - learned a lot over the weekend. Had better tires in front on day 1 and got within 2 sec of the ssc track record, which made my day .

Big Thanks to Mark Gregory for the alignment help, Chris for grid help, and Ben for explaining what happened when there was some paint traded. Was great to see all of you. Hopefully soon next season!

Detailed report on blog soon.

HUGE Thanks to the SNJ SCCA folks and all workers!!!
    Last edited by Kai Noeske; 10-25-2010 at 06:28 PM.
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata