Thanks to NNJR and SJR for putting on a fantastic event. Weather was perfect and conditions were great. it is amazing the number of people it takes to make an event work seemless.

From the racing side of things we survived the weekend! Had all kinds of trouble getting to the track on Friday, the water pump failed and the brakes were shot on the truck. The weekend almost ended before it began.

Then when we took the car off the trailer the end of the muffler hit the pavement causing it to ‘tweak.’ The end was bent up a little but the bigger problem was hidden as it pushed the pipe back about an inch. That caused a kink which cause stress on the muffler hanger, a little rubber donut looking thing. I bought new racing tires and off we went. The car doesn’t start! What the heck…. We get it started so now off we go. The tire was rubbing on the muffler so we thought it was just the new tires. Pull back around and take of the right rear to add a spacer. Did qualifying and noticed I was slower than usual. Figured it was me. Came in and checked things, looked OK. Went out into the first race and saw smoke, thought I blew the thing up. Pulled off on the pace lap and watched the first race from the weeds. Got pulled back where we saw what finally failed. The little donut thing broke causing the muffler to hit the tire causing much smoke. So I went from thinking I needed a $3000 new motor to using 29 cents of wire to hold up the muffler after I had 2 guys bend the pipe back (Thanks Rich, Tim and the other dozen or so people that stopped by) . Off to the second race, doesn’t start again, WTF now, jumped it and off we go. Started in the back and worked up my speed. Finished good but I know I can go faster. Done for Saturday.

Sunday rolls around, I have everything ready. Car doesn’t start, WTF now!!!!!! Starter start switch is broken. We get the car running, by having 5 guys push the car. Make it to the race and have a fine battle for 9th place which is right where I should have been.

So most of the trouble was because we rushed getting the car off the trailer and having a weak battery. Moral of the story…… I can’t wait till 2011 to do it all over again!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all those that let us do this sport!