Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCCA Racer facing jail time...

Another one I ran across this morning.. The language should be OK cause 99% of the world won't be able to understand it!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol97gq4aVHI&feature=related[/ame]
    (the one in question starts around 2:12)

Nelson Piquet...trying to kick the guy in the ba**s

Realistically this thread should be FORMER SCCA racer...Julian hasn't been a member lately - probably at least a year or two.
    Bob Hudson
    National Steward

The "hammer through the windshield" comment reminded me of the most impressive piece of retaliation I've ever seen. Back many years ago we had an IT driver who was notorious for not respecting other drivers. Warnings and threats didn't deter him. Finally, he bumped another CRX while they were blasting through Turn 3 at Roebling (100mph +). The car rolled a few times and ended up with hardly a straight panel.

After the race, a bunch of us were sitting in the pits cooling off, with the offender's CRX sitting behind the pit wall while he discussed the episode with the officials. We noticed a large guy walking up pit road with an aluminum baseball bat. Then we all watched in stunned silence as he proceeded to methodically pound the car to a pulp. Every light and every piece of glass was broken, and every panel was given one or more whacks. Then he calmly pitched the bat through the hole where the back glass used to be and walked away.

Turns out it was the father of the driver who had been punted and he wanted the offender to have his own car in comparable condition. I heard that the dad ended up spending a night in jail, and that the pounded car's owner threatened a huge lawsuit (he was a lawyer, of course ), but never did hear a final resolution. At least he took the bat to the car rather than the other driver.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Too bad they they couldn't have taken away the offender's race car and given it to the guy he crashed out (providing it was of equal or greater value to the trashed car)

That would make a lot of people think twice before they take someone out.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"