In the market for a new race car

RacerBill

OK, I'm ready to bite the bullet and jump into the market for a different race car. This one will be a ready-to-race. I have already had the build-it experience. Budget is extremely limited. ITA, B or C is ok, got lots of friends to race with in all classes.

Classified on IT Forum and Racingjunk.com look very thin.

Anybody know of anything on the market?

Thanks. I looked at both of those, and a little out of my price range (victim of the recession that was supposed to have ended before I lost my job).

Last edited:
Well various first gen rx7s show up on mens room walls from time to time for around $3k. Can’t get much cheaper than that.

Bill, a friend of mine is selling an ita acr hillclimb car here in pgh. It was recently repainted and would need second door bars added and a killswitch to be legal. It currently has k sport coilovers that are crap, but he has koni yellows and an assortment of mopar springs that would go witj the car. The add can be foind on racepa.com as well as he has it advertised on roadraceautox. You can get it for under 3k

Yeah, you need something very reliable and easy to drive, Honda would certainly fill that bill.

Al Stephenson (username Ned Stevens?) has his ex-Bildon GTI up for sale too - that's not only reliable and easy to drive, it's fast - is up here at Waterford. You just hafta like Orange. Then again, maybe that's a prerequesite for ITB Hondas too. ;)

Might be a bit more coin than a Honda though...

I do suspect you'd be better off with FWD for now, though, given your experience...

Best of luck buying and selling!

Yeah, you need something very reliable and easy to drive, Honda would certainly fill that bill.

The Swift is a nice deal but not what several consider easy to drive. Not so sure that's the car for Bill.

I'd keep my eyes open for an ITS RX7 - second generation. You can get a good runner for $5K and these cars are proven winners, super reliable and fantastic fun to drive.

Here's a potential ITS 944 on Craigslist that is a pretty nice deal for $2700 but needs some finishing. Has the cage, camber plates and lots of goodies. I was told divorce was in the cards if I bought it for a winter project. I'd finish it up and sell for profit if approved by my 'supervisor'. :-)

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1988548287.html

(I'm an old ITS guy, don't know much about A, B, C)

The Swift is a nice deal but not what several consider easy to drive. Not so sure that's the car for Bill.

110% agree.

Bill - remember the red Prizm that took out my teammate last weekend?? If I'm not mistaken, that's the same or similar platform. That guy hasn't yet managed to keep it under himself for a whole weekend without spinning out, hitting others etc. :mad1:

How about a brand new ITB Plymouth FIre Arrow? This car is race ready and has all the good stuff. It IS BRAND NEW...I ran it at the time trials in Atlanta to shake the car down and it was fast. This car was built by Doug Smith a 5 time Atlanta Pro It champion and it has every trick to go fast. I have his championship car and would be willing to part with the new one with plenty of spares. Check it out at www.plymouthfirearrow.com

Back