Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
How would on track performance be used/determined? As much as we all hate to admit it, winning races may or may not be a result of the competition we face. If it isn't based on position then is it based on lap times... what about weather conditions? What is more important dry cool days or hot rainy weather?

If we will have PCA's will we all start at a level playing field and make adjustments going forward or will a PCA be used in the classification process in the first round?

I really don't want to get involved again but I feel I should submit an e-mail to BOD and the CRB in support or not in support of this "process." I will base my decision on the answers to these IMO important questions, so please be upfront and honest.
Two questions there. PCAs have been available via the rules since the great realignment, and they'll still be available going forward. That doesn't mean we'll use them. It's just a safety valve. Before assessing a PCA, every effort would be used to determine if there was an error during the application of the process (such as horsepower not accurately predicted by the process.) If no error can be found but it is determined that a PCA needs to be assessed in order to preserve the popularity and equality of a class, then yes, sure, all of those factors, including lap times, weather, level of prep, driver history, etc, could be considered.

The rules change proposal published in the September Fastrack explains that PCAs could be used in a first-round reassessment of an existing listing, since racing history has already been established. But for a new listing, where there is no IT racing history, a PCA could not be assessed at that point.

In any case, as explained in the rule change, after a weight change has been made, either due to an error or due to the assessment of a PCA, the "clock" resets to zero.

I'd encourage you to go back and re-read the rule change proposal before submitting your input ... but get your input in quickly.