Thread: 2nd Gen stalls when accelorator depressed quickly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh yeah I did put in a K&N radiator, big oil cooler and fan. Car temp never goes above 190.

S4 or S5? Either way check the line from the Map sensor to the motor and see if the restrictor is in place. Small pill with .030 - .040 hole in it. If it is S5 it sounds like a bad TPS.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I have an S5 motor. I could not see a pill but when I blow in the tube there is a significant restriction.

TPS checked out as far as OHM readings withing spec according to the manual. However I did not try to adjust the TPS as described in the manual. Not sure if this would make difference?

Also I should relay that the 5th and 6th ports are open and the VDI is open. Maybe I need to make some adjustments for this.

I have removed all the emmissions control stuff air pump etc and all the vacuum lines other than the MAP hose and hose to fuel regulator which is an adjustable aftermarket unit for the fuel cell and external fuel pumps.

ECU is 100% stock. I am thinking it can not handle all the Mods. Opinions?

The stock ECU will handle the modifications just fine. I would recommend picking up a factory manual (not Haynes or the like) and running through the TPS, MAP, and AFM parameters.

The engine is an S5, are all the electrics S5 as well? You can get a somewhat similar situation with the S5s when they go into OMP limp mode. The secondary injectors will not come online and you won't be able to stab the throttle wide open and rev the motor. You will be able to gently crack the throttle and get it to free rev to the moon. Just won't be able to hold it wide open and get it to do anything.

I do have to say, in situations like this, aftermarket engine management is usually easier to work with.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Thanks, Another mod I did not mention. I need to make sure I have a list of everything I have done to the motor when I post. I did remove the OMP and am Premixing.

Is there any way to get around the OMP limp mode with the Stock ECU?