Thread: The best ITB car nobody is racing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleXL240Z View Post
    "sexier than socks on a rooster!!!"
    Ahh what????
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

To the original topic - I have only taken my ITB car to the track 1 time since the 2008 ARRC...

So unless Vaughn, Beran, Duece, Peter or Aaron's cars have not been racing in that period I vote for mine!

Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I can't reiterate enough that the real answer is the Geo Storm GSi. I am willing to bet you could build one with a stock motor, some bolt on's and an IT-level suspension and win the ARRC. Why?

It's 130hp stock. It ITB that puts it about 2700lbs but it's at 2455. In perspective, that is 10hp more and 95lbs less than the ARRC winning Accords.

It's really about a 2300lb ITA car.......
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Except...you are racing a Geo Storm....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Except...you are racing a Geo Storm....
    Right, because Golfs, Accords and the like conjure up so much automotive nirvana... LMAO.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I totally agree!

Any ITB driver with ANY aesthetics would of course choose the Shape of Things that Break.

Or maybe an Opel GT.

The rest? Boxy anti-racecars!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I totally agree!

Any ITB driver with ANY aesthetics would of course choose the Shape of Things that Break.

Or maybe an Opel GT.

If you can find a way to keep the head from warping and binding the cam box up, then you might emerge......

TRIUMPHant!!!!

(Shape of things that break..... Har de Har Har )
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I totally agree!

Or maybe an Opel GT.

um - MR2?

Not a sleeper (more like a creeper) but it's certainly no Accord. you should like it, Jeff - it's roughly wedge shaped. but it doesn't break...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I can't reiterate enough that the real answer is the Geo Storm GSi. I am willing to bet you could build one with a stock motor, some bolt on's and an IT-level suspension and win the ARRC. Why?

It's 130hp stock. It ITB that puts it about 2700lbs but it's at 2455. In perspective, that is 10hp more and 95lbs less than the ARRC winning Accords.

It's really about a 2300lb ITA car.......
    10 more in than crank in stock trim. However we all know what hondas can do in IT trim. I have heard from the tuner of keane's motor is making, and there isn't a chance the Small Port 4AGE is going to see those gains. For the same or atleast similiar reason the large port 4AGE in the MR2, FX16, AE86 doesn't make power.

We are also giving the accord 20 ft/lbs to the wheels, and you won't match the hp of the accord. I would say it would be a better canidate than any of the 30% adders LP 4AGE, as the new head and intake combo on teh GSI helped alot, but it still isn't there.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

20 hp more for only an additional 5 lbs more than the Prelude. Sounds pretty good to me. How is its suspension? Reliability and parts might be a challenge.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    20 hp more for only an additional 5 lbs more than the Prelude. Sounds pretty good to me. How is its suspension? Reliability and parts might be a challenge.
    Engine reliability is good (toyota), for the rest of the chassis I am not familiar with.

Unfortuatnely there is little US aftermarket for the engine. Just like with the MR2, you will be fabricating eveything. fabricating your own suspension, header, CAI, etc.. also engine parts are rare. You can get some parts from toyota but alot have been dropped. Parts at autoparts store typically result in you getting parts for the 4AFE, and not the 4AGE. There is also no final drive available for the car, so plan on a couple thousand dollar final drive (boat I am in with MR2 with added weight).

I would love for someone to build one. I know of atleast one ITB Gsi that has/did exist. there is video of it on the dyno on youtube. I am building a SP 4AGE toyota motor form the GSI for my MR2 street car. I can dyno it and let you know what it comes out to when I am done if anybody is interested.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

Ok, help me out here guys - the Storm was made by Isuzu, but had a Toyota engine?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5