Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye opener in IT

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    Greg, did you go to school at A&M? I have been going down there for games since 61! I paid a bunch of money for two of my daughters to be Aggies.
    Yep, my freshman year. Started out in Aerospace; ran out of money, talent, and interest soon after. Went home, got a job at the local VW/Porsche/Audi dealership and got involved in Club racing...eventually finished my engineering degree at Midwestern State U in Wichita Falls (crammed a four-year degree into six... )

I still remember Aggie Fish Camp (Summer '82) as the highlight of that point in my life. Nothing better, I wish I could do it again, there's nothing like that place in the world I've experienced to date. I still drool - literally - when I think of the burgers, fries, and beer at the Cow Hop...

To this day I've wondered how life would have turned out had I chosen to join the Corps and finish my degree there...I'm not complaining, mind you, just damned curious...

Gig 'em! Aggies! Aaaaayyyy!
    Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
    Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
    Good-bye to Texas University
    So long to the Orange and the White...

GA

Dayum....six years in Whiskey Taw Falls. You sir, are a man with staying power. Midwestern State probably had more nighttime fun in the 80s than College Station had in the very early 70s. There was hardly anything but pasture south of the school on Texas Ave. With that said, the Aggie Network is pretty strong as far as job help. My oldest first cousin influenced me as he was a Yell Leader and had me down on the track at Kyle Field when I was 9 years old for a football game. When it came time for college my future wife wanted to go elsewhere and I followed. Still I love the school and it's values... I am glad my kids went there.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

"Six"?? Try fourteen. Family moved there in '78 (oil), graduated high school there (Notre Dame HS), came back "home" through university, then worked there post-Bachelors for Howmet Corporation (manufacturing processes engineer, investment cast turbine blades and vanes) through 1991. Got laid off during the '91 Runoffs (via telephone), and parlayed that "opportunity" into a relocation to CT chasing race sponsorship, a job, and a girl (kinda worked; that's the year I raced the NX2000 in SSB to a Runoffs podium finish, but all three were done within 11 months...) Met a wonderful woman, got married, I'm still here...

Yep, Whiskey Falls had its moment, but those people up there in North Texas are about as honest and good as they come. I had a lot of good times and met a lot of good people that are close friends to this day. My mother only recently moved back "home" to Opelousas, LA, and she did it with much trepidation and unhappiness. Wouldn't trade those years for anything.

On a recent visit my wife and I have fallen in love with the Texas Hill Country, specifically the Comfort/Fredericksburg area. People there are like Wichita Falls, the weather is far nicer, and it's close to the great cities of Austin (sssss!!!) and San Antonio (especially with a small airplane). I've got eyes on that area for eventual retirement...I know that some day I'll get back "home"...

Aggie footbal games? Man were those things fun!!! The heart swells when the band takes the field... - GA

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    Yeah Jessie should do the ARRC. There should be a decent bunch of MidDivers down there.
    Jessie actually listed that ITA car for sale on the Prod board earlier today. $13K and you too can be an ITA Miata driver! I'll start poking him with a stick about the ARRC: I don't want the Moser's and I to be bored. Afterall, that car needs an ARRC medal on it to get that money.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by PSherm View Post
    What was Chuck doing/driving in B???
    Back in the day, there was a VW Cup that took place. Chuck did "OK" in that series (won it one year).

This is the same car that he drove then, still owned by the same guy in Des Moines. He comes out to MAM so Dick (the car owner) has a reason to keep working on the car.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Jessie actually listed that ITA car for sale on the Prod board earlier today. $13K and you too can be an ITA Miata driver! I'll start poking him with a stick about the ARRC: I don't want the Moser's and I to be bored. Afterall, that car needs an ARRC medal on it to get that money.
    it's fairly close to an all out build. seems like a good deal to me?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region