[QUOTE=quadzjr;310103]unfortunately there are alot of variables to tell you why. A few things. though you ahve a 2qt accusump that oil is for the most part stagnet, and not moving when the engine is running. So that doesn't play a major role in cooling. Teh oil cooler definetly does. An oil temp of 240 isn't that high. Any decent synthetic oil will handle that no problem, strickly from a temperature standpoint.

Relative to the quote above, I'd like to respectfully disagree. Unless you have an Accusump with an automatic pressure control valve (opens automatically when the pressure reaches a prescribed low number, and closes automatically when the pressure rises to a prescribed high number-newer model Accusumps have this option), the oil in the Accusump is essentually moving slightly between it and the oil passage as the engine oil pressure varies.

The Pressure Relief Valve in the oil pump will hold the maximum pressure, and the Accusump oil doesn't move. But when the pressure falls below the Maximum, the oil will move towards the engine to keep the pressures equalized beween the oil galley, and the air pressure chamber that drives the Accusump. As the engine pressure rises again, the oil will move to refill the Accusump chamber, until the engine pressure, and the chamber pressure equalized.

I agree with Joeg, and quote you here: "...built by Kinetic Race Engines back in 2001 and has had maybe 20 races on it since.". If it has this many races on it, I doubt that it has any issues to be corrected. It would have failed well before this time.

If I had this car, I'd follow this rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

References for oil products vary on thier parameters to some degree. But, temps of 200-250 deg. F are in the ball park. Pressures seem to be dependent on the engine builder, personal preferences and experiences. A friend of mine won't change from straight weight to multi, Dino to Synthetic, because he's used the old stuff for years, and built many engines after failures he atributes to oil. What ever. I try to listen to the oil engineers, not the sales people.

Good luck with it. Sounds like a blast to drive, especially at Mosport!!

Bill