thanks...I'll let you know what happens

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    Add another ITR car: the S2000 will be there (though I won't). Nick Leverone will test Friday and run Pro-IT if everything seems right.

Steve
    steve, can i knock the left rear tail light out of this one like the green car!

very cool....hope it all works out. we'll be there fri afternoon with ours.
    Marc Cefalo
    2002 SM Miata

www.planet-miata.com

Quote Originally Posted by mazdagt3 View Post
    steve, can i knock the left rear tail light out of this one like the green car!

very cool....hope it all works out. we'll be there fri afternoon with ours.
    That's great, Marc, I know we want to compare notes on a few things ... and yes, the LR taillight is reserved for you!

Steve

Steve.. FWIW... Nick set a track record at WGI today with your car. Gonna be tough to catch you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hall View Post
    Steve.. FWIW... Nick set a track record at WGI today with your car. Gonna be tough to catch you...
    I heard about that. Track record on a hot July day during the car's third session ever - nice! (I do believe the driver had something to do with the equation, though ... )

Steve
    Last edited by ulfelder; 07-24-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: sp

What was the time?

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    what was the time?
    2:13.408.

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    2:13.408.
    Hey what's going on? Something about an illegal Honda ITR?

Hey what's going on? Something about an illegal Honda ITR?
    Oh ya!!! LMAO. Protested for diff gears and trans gears. Not sure how it panned out but they were pretty sure it wasn't going very far.

I love the diff gear issue. I wasn't there so I am getting this all through texts but it still makes me chuckle.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

diff gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I love the diff gear issue
    Since diffs are open... Who and why did they protest?
    Did they break my "weak" track record of 13.444 in the race?

Maybe the diff gears were lightened.

matt

Since diffs are open... Who and why did they protest?
    Did they break my "weak" track record of 13.444 in the race?
    The qual race yesterday was when the record fell. You have to admit, the ITR and ITS records should have a larger differential at that track!

Why? Who knows? Obviously thought something was askew. Hopefully he got what he needed for information. I do not know him (and I hope he ends up posting here) but it's the gentleman in the Supra that runs at the Glen.

All in all it was a great weekend for the car. Wouldn't have been nearly as productive if Nick wasn't driving!
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    Maybe the diff gears were lightened.

matt
    Huh? Any final drive is permitted provided it fits in the original unmodified housing...
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy, I did not think a lightened ring gear was legal but I must be wrong.

matt

The protest was withdrawn by the protestor. The protest was a laundry list about procedure and as far as I know the only legitimate mechanical point was if the car had the right tranny for the engine.

I think the guy was just blown away by the car showing starting from the back in the regional and running through the field.

It was interesting to watch in the Pro IT race. The car (or Nick ) seem to have a advantage in corner speed rather than horsepower.

The car is very sweet in person. The level in ITR has been raised. Doc Bro has already responded, very impressive in the afternoon regional.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    The level in ITR has been raised.
    I will do my best to lower it when I get in the car.

Steve

the s2000 is going to be a great car in ITR, with Nick driving I am sure the corner speed was significant, however you have a car that has 240hp stock and redlines at what 9000-9500. It is going to be an extremely competitive car- maybe to competitive with how the rule are written for this thing. Compare it to an e36 with a stock hp of 192. That is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    the s2000 is going to be a great car in ITR, with Nick driving I am sure the corner speed was significant, however you have a car that has 240hp stock and redlines at what 9000-9500. It is going to be an extremely competitive car- maybe to competitive with how the rule are written for this thing. Compare it to an e36 with a stock hp of 192. That is a huge difference.
    It is...totally stock. The way weights are calculated is based on estimated hp in IT prep. The numbers for an E36 325 are well known. Sqeezing more out of a NA 2L that already produces 120hp/liter is going to be slim pickin's. Process power for one of these is about 226whp or 276ish crank hp. Many doubt it's there.

215whp is a very reasonable and achievable number for the E36's - and they weigh 220 lbs less with a torque advanage. On paper, I see the BMW still as the best car in ITR...and I stick to my favorite - an E46 325 Coupe. Love that car. We chose this car because it WASN'T a BMW, WASN'T a Mazda and we were used to higher revving, excellent-handling type cars. Plus it's got the VTEC Yo! LOL.

Edit: We fully understand a preliminary outing like this will raise some eyebrows about the potential of the car...but you have to see it to believe it. You also have to understand all the research we did on equipment and set-up before just bolting stuff on. The S2000 community is quite large and there are a ton of these things being raced. Not many with open springs and bars in the SCCA, but with NASA you bet. It's a VERY solid effort. We are already in the 'tweaking' stage. Maybe someone can dig up some posts on when this car got classed at 3005lbs in ITR. I don't remember many thinking it was even a legit choice for the class at that weight. Either way, it's an effing cool car and Steve is going to love it. Hell,we already do!!!
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 07-26-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt

Hey, does this mean it's no longer spec BMW? I'm quite happy about Nick & Flatout's showing and it will help the class. Watched the beginning of Sunday's sprint race and Nick was pushing hard! Think I even saw a dust of blue paint come off the soft wall preceeding the front straight. Too competitive? The car is still heavy relative to cars in ITR and not the car to have in the class.

The ProIt race was nuts. When it started pouring with everyone on dry tires, tons of cars went spinning and off course. I even followed Nick into the grass in the bus stop. lol After multiple cars stuffed it into the tire walls, three cars were off together in the gravel trap, I thought for sure they'd go full course yellow, black flag everyone, or just checker the race. Going down the front straight my car would just dart back and forth, get towards an early braking point, hydroplane and the engine shut off. Was interesting trying to get the car to start again while hoping to somewhat make the turn. Several cars pulled into the paddock and called it a day. I had a decent gap between Ken in 2nd place, but eventually saw saw him in my rear view and pointed him on by which he deserved. Even at slower speeds I was concerned about stuffing it into a wall, no less racing him. I just didn't feel safe out there. It was a nice drive by Ken.

Two groups later, it was time for the sprint race. Due to yet another hub failure, I started DFL among SSC, ITC, and the 22 ITB cars. But this time I had rain tires. Wheeee! That race was soooo much fun. The car wasn't shutting off at the end of straights, no more massive hydro planeing. They did a spit start with SSM cars in front. Later in the race a double yellow was thrown. Sweet!! This allowed me to catch up to Nat who was in 2nd. We had a nice battle going side-by-side, but I just couldn't get him although seeing Steven who was in first just ahead was more than motivating. Finished 9th overall, 3rd in class and was more than pleased with that.

What happended to you Ken? Engine end up going I assume?

I owe a huge thanks to Ray, Tim D., Jeff L., Dick, and others for getting me out there on Sunday after all of the issues I encountered. Thanks guys!!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing