Thread: Team DI Pro IT at Summit Point

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Wow only 2 cars for the regional! Can't say I blame you. I actually stopped running at Summit because they were running ITR in with big bore, which includes AS. I remember running with AS awhile ago and they were using me for a brake and the bottom of the shute because they couldn't stop! So I said they hell with them and I won't go back unless ITR is out of big bore.
    I ran the regional and I agree 100%. It makes no sense to have ITR in big bore. The speed differential with the faster GT1 and SPO cars is staggering. On the other hand AS cars are fast in the straight but hold up ITR cars in the corners. I think that MARRS ITR regulars should try very forcefully to get this situation corrected and not let petty politics force them out of a great series.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    I ran the regional and I agree 100%. It makes no sense to have ITR in big bore. The speed differential with the faster GT1 and SPO cars is staggering. On the other hand AS cars are fast in the straight but hold up ITR cars in the corners. I think that MARRS ITR regulars should try very forcefully to get this situation corrected and not let petty politics force them out of a great series.
    ITR/ITS - Big Bore is the worst possible combination. I've done it and I will never drive in that combination again.
    Last edited by robits325is; 06-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

For MARRS 6 at NJMP on Lightning ITR will be in with the group that has ITB, ITR, ITS & STU. The NARRC / MARRS 8 on Thunderbolt will have the same group.

Of course the Pro IT Series races at WGI and NJMP will have the usual group.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Why run STU with ITR and ITS?
    Jerry
    NER South

I agree and we ended up running the restrictor and moving to ITS in the E36 because it was to dangerous running an ITR rookie in big-bore. I believe at the time the decison was made there was only (1) car running in ITR.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

STU shouldn't be a problem. As long as there are not many of them. A good STU & driver should walk away from everyone, otherwise you will be battling for position in mid pack.

Combining those classes eliminates double dip potential, though, right? Although it seems Miatea are the main dippers....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I was sorry to hear the Pro IT was canceled. I spoke with the Race Chair about this Friday evening. She told me that it was a mutual decision between her and Terry Hanushek that was based on low entries and keeping the 100 plus volunteer workers in the heat for an extra hour on Sunday. As a driver I struggle with the canceling of this race, but as worker and region volunteer the decision made sense. If one takes the time to analyze the dynamics involved it all adds up. The Pro IT was scheduled at this race because it is the second least subscribed MARRS weekend of the series (the August MARRS being the smallest) this allows some room in what is already an overcrowded paddock. The Pro IT was the last run group of the day, because it is not part of our regular series. Finally, the high heat (near 100 degrees) did not help the situation any. Hopefully the Pro IT will return to Summit Point in the future.

To clarify, there were TWO ITR cars in impound after Sundays race.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    STU shouldn't be a problem.
    But by placing STU in ITR, ITS, and ITB, you lose a significant opportunity for additional "double dip" entries from competitors looking for additional track time.

Jerry's thinkin' like a "bidnessman"...I wish more SCCA organizers would do that...