Thread: ITAC News.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't see why a class by class rework simillar to "the great realignment" is so feared.
    Aren't things good enough right now? IT seems pretty darn healthy to me. (Not my words or feelings)

Then there are the Charlies of the world who feel that just because a driver & car combo is fast, they shouldn't have the car evaluated based on what it's potential actually is. Or if the darn process was actually published for everyone including him to see, all of this would make a lot more sense.

I've always thought that approaching this on a request basis would be the best approach. If Tom who drives a CRX cares enough to write in, do it. If other drivers of another car don't, then don't worry about it. Do publish something in the GCR noting when it was reviewed again. Lets not forget that at least in ITB, a BUNCH of cars have already been reviewed. Even if the process has been changed a bit (no idea how close it currently is to when those cars were looked at again), use that as a guide to determine what cars should receive priority. MR2? Duh. I was so smart to distract Guilick on that call!! LOL

There's also irony in all of this since after the IT review was stopped, there was a certain car make which received an interesting brake upgrade allowance just in time for the runoffs.
    Last edited by gran racing; 05-27-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing